There is no denying that the spread of COVID-19 has caused much pain and suffering. However, if we look hard enough we can also see that this pandemic has brought many of us together in ways in which we couldn’t have imagined. These acts of kindness provide us with optimism during this extremely trying time.
At Calculating Destiny we have truly been touched by what we have seen and remain hopeful for the future. That’s why we want to dedicate this month’s blog to all of those on the front line who continue to work tirelessly each and every day; often putting their own lives at risk by doing their jobs for no other reason but to help us all.
We want to sincerely thank:
- Doctors, Nurses, and Medical Professionals who have put themselves in the middle of harm’s way each and every day, often sacrificing their ability to see their own families. They continue to work tirelessly to save the lives of thousands and thousands of sick patients. Thank you.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Workers who risk their own health to make sure that patients continue to get the medication that they rely upon; some of which is a matter of life and death.Thank you.
- Medical Scientists and Specialists who continue to work around the clock in order to find a vaccine in an unprecedented amount of time. Thank you.
- FedEx, UPS, and USPS workers who also put their own lives at risk to ensure that our mail system does not collapse and that millions of Americans receive the mail and packages that they need. Thank you.
- Truck Drivers and Manufacturers, who place themselves at risk to make sure that everyone receives items that they desperately need. Thank you.
- Grocery Store Workers who continue to put themselves at risk each and every day, often working overtime, to ensure that we can eat. Thank you.
- Farmers and Food Production Workers who have worked overtime also to ensure that millions of Americans can continue to eat.
Small businesses, many of which are greatly suffering, have reached out to help one another and to help those on the front lines. We also wish to take a moment to acknowledge and thank the following local businesses that have shown great humanity while they themselves continue to feel the impact.
- Brick and Barrel was one of the first companies to start a GoFundMe page in order to help their employees who are out of work due to the virus.
- AAA Catering has not only continued catering but has also helped to feed impoverished children.
- Lee Shelly Photography is currently offering 50% off when you purchase a gift certificate so that you can take headshots once state orders have been lifted.
- Yellow Brick Road Coaching took the time to speak with people about the things that we often forget to do when we are stressed out. The company has also offered a free consultation to those who couldn’t attend in order to share how they can stop, think, breathe, and pivot.
- Lee’s Hoagies of Horsham and Abington, which have consistently continued to provide meals for local hospital staff.
- Olive Lucy, which continued to pay employees even after closing their brick and mortar store, before PPP became an option.
- Steep Trajectory, which slashed its prices to nearly nothing in order to ensure that they could help as many small businesses as possible.
And to all of the other small businesses that have given so much. We see you and we appreciate you more than you know.
So How Can You Help?
Small businesses can use our help more than ever right now. Luckily, there are quite a few things that you can do:
- If a small business is closed, purchase a gift card to use at a later date.
- If you are in a position to be able, order take-out/to-go when possible.
- Write a review about your favorite places (to eat, get your hair done, get your coffee, etc.) online. Yelp and Google are great places to do so.
- Share your love for your favorite small businesses on social media; post about them on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- If you do not need your stimulus check to pay day-to-day bills, you may consider using it to help small businesses.
Anything that you can do makes a big difference.
Calculating Destiny Remains Here for You
The love that we continue to see between businesses and customers is truly awe-inspiring. We have seen heartbreak like never before, but we have also seen support, assistance, and positivity too. We are all connected in so many ways.
Many businesses are being forced to pivot in order to survive. During this difficult time the team at Calculating Destiny remains deeply committed to helping our clients.
If you are a small business struggling to survive, we can help you to brainstorm other opportunities, answer any questions you may have, and help you to redirect your business efforts in order to grow your business in another direction.
(While we feel for everyone impacted by COVID-19, it is important to note that given the changing nature of the law, we cannot provide advice on how to best proceed to those whose books we have not seen.)
If we can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out at 215-674-3430. We hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe. We are all in this together.
From all of us at Calculating Destiny, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts,
CEO, Calculating Destiny, LLC
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!